Last Updated: 12/20/2018
1. Information We Collect
- The information you provide to us: Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide Personal Information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information such as your name, address, age, phone number, email address, username, profile information, and similar details (“Personal Information”) for the purposes described in this policy. We may collect information contained in HTTP headers such as IP addresses, information about your web browser, the pages you viewed and your history of navigating to a page. Should you choose to provide additional information when you communicate with us or otherwise interact with us, we may keep copies of any such communications for our records.
The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We will also indicate whether the Personal Information we are collecting is required for membership, compulsory or may be provided on a voluntary basis and the consequences, if any, of not providing the information.
We may also ask you to provide information through your mobile device or require access to your mobile device to offer additional features. We will ask your permission before accessing such information including your photos, camera, location, microphone, and contacts and providing such information is not required to access our Websites.
If you make purchases through our Websites, we or the third-party payment processors we contract with may collect and store your payment information and transaction history needed to process your transaction. Payment processors usually provide us with limited information about you to enable you to make future purchases using the information they have stored.
- Information we collect automatically through the Websites: When you visit our Websites, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered Personal Information under applicable data protection laws.
2. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Google: More information about targeted ads from Google, Google Analytics and opt-out choices
- Facebook Cookies and Advertising: More information about Facebook cookies, advertising and opt-out choices
- Twitter Cookies and Advertising: More information about Twitter cookies, advertising and options to opt-out
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information we collect through our marketing, services, and Websites for a range of reasons, including:
- To respond to your online inquiries, feedback, and requests, and to provide you with information and access to resources or services that you have requested from us.
- To provide you with information regarding your account, notifications, and invoices.
- To provide, operate, customize content, optimize, and maintain our Websites and services.
- To track your interactions with our marketing, services, systems, website, and tools.
- To track events, promotions, and surveys you choose to participate in.
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services.
- To inform you of new products and services.
- To send you information for marketing and promotional purposes and display advertisements.
- To manage our Websites and system administration and security.
- To identify any server problems or other IT or network issues.
- To process transactions and to set up online accounts.
- To compile aggregated statistics about site usage and to store and better understand the preferences of our Visitors.
- To process payments.
- To assist with verifying your identity, in an effort to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
4. Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
5. Disclosure of Information
- Our service providers: Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party service providers, who help us provide and support our Services and other business-related functions.
For example, if it is necessary to provide Members something they have requested (like enable a feature such as social media profiles), then we may share Members’ or Contacts’ Personal Information with a service provider for that purpose. Other examples include analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support for our Services, processing payments, and delivering content.
- Advertising partners: We may partner with third-party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Information of Members and Visitors with them for this purpose. We do not sell or market to any of our Members’ Contacts.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (a) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (b) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (c) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Third-Party Platforms: If you use our Websites to link to a third-party social media platform, application, or website, you acknowledge and agree that we may automatically share your activity with that service, including the content that you use, that such information may be connected to your account on that third-party service, and that the information may be published by that service.
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divesture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about Service users is among the assets being transferred.
- With your consent, to parties that you authorize. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of the Service, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Websites’ users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
6. Our Security
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information (PII).
7. Changes to this Policy
The Service is not directed at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use our Websites or provide any Personal Information to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you believe we may have any information about a child under 13, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
8. California Privacy Rights
Where applicable, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Except where prohibited, the user agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the use of the products, services, websites, or other communications, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively through mediation and arbitration.
10. Contact Us
Please send all notices to:
The Wills Group, Inc.
404 Baltimore Street, Suite #3
La Plata, Maryland 20646